Artist: Girls’ Generation / 소녀시대 / So Nyuh Shi Dae
Album Title: The 2nd Mini Album – Tell Me Your Wish / 소원을 말해봐 / Sowoneul
Release Type: 2nd Mini Album
Release Date: June 29, 2009
Record Label: SM Ent, Avex Trax, Seoul Records, Univerasl Records (Philippines)
Promotional Single(s): Tell Me Your Wish (Genie), Etude
Genre(s): K-Pop, Teen-Pop, Dance-Pop, Electro-Pop, Ballad
1. Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) / 소원을 말해봐 (지니) / Sowoneul Malhaebwa (Genie) - this is the first promotional single from genie. as compared to gee, and their songs from their previous releases, the song is quite fresher, more matured and is more electronic. i heard the male voice in the intro is TVXQ!’s Micky Yoochun, but i’m not sure about that lol. anyway, the song is really good, if you heard it once, you’ll feel really surprised, it’s like SoShi has changed genre (which is not…Etude has the proof). the song is like a club or disco-sounding one… the fact that they are talking in the intro and laughing in the outro, and the car and how Tiffany says “DJ… put it back on”… but in the mv, though, my impressions wasn’t present…LoL you’ll be surprised to see the MV (if you haven’t, i have it in my YouTube Channel). the song is really great…
2. Etude / 에뛰드 - this would be Genie’s 2nd promotional single (like Gee’s Him Nae). and just like Him Nae again, they also sang Etude in MBC Music Core and SBS Inkigayo on 27th and 28th during their comeback stage (Not KBS Music Bank, because they san Oh My Love by SES instead, since it’s MuBank’s half of the year festival, in which Gee dominates…).Anyway, Etude sounds like Love Melody (from their SMTown Xmas Album), and Baby Baby…you could also imagine KARA singing this one LOL, like Honey…
3. Girlfriend / 여자친구 - this the third track…this song was composed by Kenzie…you know Kenzie? she composed Haptic Motion, Him Nae, Into the New World and several BoA songs, mixed Girls’ Generation and also worked for Super Junior… i wonder, why there’s no E-Tribe here in Genie… anyway, since I have known Kenzie for composing Rock-Mixed songs, i really thought that Girlsfriend would sound the same as her earlier compositions…but i guess i’m wrong… this song anyway, sounded like anime-ish soundtrack, especially in the intro, TaeYeon really sounded like a japanese singer…great song
4. Boyfriend / 남자친구 - ooohhh.if there’s Girlfriend, then there’s Boyfriend!!! xDDD nice one soshi… =) anyway, i like this song… it sounds like 80s are rebron… like madonna or kylie minogue or cyndi lauper song… really, you’ll be shocked on this one… you could hear their voices are really great, full of talents…also, the bass beat is like 70s, like Wonder Girls’ Nobody… anyway that should be enough to describe the song “GREAT”
5. My Child / 동화 -ohh… i liked this one too… in the intro, you would think it’s a ballad or something, but soon you’ll find out that it’s more of like a lullaby, like little boat… that’s why its name was My Child anyway xD the song is happy, graceful, with same beats and tunes, simple but colorful, like a children’s song…anyway it’s good to play this one when you’re going to bed =)
6. 1 Year Later (Jessica + Onew) / 1년 後 - nice one Onew… but i really feel bad about what happened to him during the MuBank incident. anyway, finally Sica had to sing duet! just like Teayeon and KangTa’s 7989, the song is great too… but this one is quite more of a ballad, than a romantic sounding one… Sica’s voice is really better now, more of like an angel… and with Onew, Shinee’s one good singer, the song turned out great… Also good when you’re sleeping with you’re iPod or something turned on =)
Ok, finally it’s here! the second mini-album of Girls’ Generation… it’s called GENIE!!! anyway, before, I really thought that Girls’ Generation will be back for the Vol 2 Full Album, I didn’t expect this one, although it’s really really cool seeing them, hearing their transformation…and also, I don’t know if it’s true but there are rumors about the 09.09.09 date… i wonder what it is, if it’s the second album, then thats great, or a world tour, then thats even better… or a project collaboration of Girls’ Generation with someone close to them (like Super Junior or Wonder Girls). oh, and I forgot to tell you… there are also controversies upon this release, about the cover art, the japanese aircraft was later changed to korean ones, and the emblems the girls are wearing, they later redesign it to avoid complications, and SM also apologized for this things, especially Jessica’s name written as “Jassica”…anyway, I dont care about those things now, what matters is that the girls are back…and this summer, is the clash of the girl groups: Girls’ Generation vs. 2ne1 vs. 4minute vs. T-Ara vs. KARA vs. Jewelry vs. Brown Eyed Girls (gosh, there’s no Wonder Girls)…atleast Girls’ Generation already sold 80k albums due to pre-order…i wonder if they can reach 200k this time..hwaiting everyone!!!
I recommend everyone to buy this album. though my korean copy does not have a poster included, the quality of every image is really that good, really promising. so, if you’re a real fan, a real member of SONE, the least that you could do fto support the girls is through buying their album and participate in online communities specially, SoShified, where the girls log-in in certain occasions. If You Love Them, Buy The Album.
My Rating: 9/5/10
My Comment: well, it’s really good to see Girls’ Generation is back, to kick the other girl groups and again…DOMINATE and RE-GENERATE!!! xDDD they DOMINATED! i recommend the 2nd Mini-Album to everyone who are sick of listening to Rihanna or Chris Brown’s songs… this Mini-album might help you refresh your minds and forget that nonsense Chris Brow-Rihanna arguments… Let’s Go SoShi Let’s Go!!! Hwaiting!!!
Download Link: 4Shared (Password: “imgenieforyouboy”) | MediaFire (Note: you could also DL each song by clicking on the titles…all through my 4Shared)
My Last Words: i’m looking forward to the performances (though their comeback stage turned out so great…) i hope they would sold 200k or more xD of course, dont forget to comment here… this album is a real change to the girls’ genre. a combination of electronic pop, rock and upbeat sound.
Credits: kpoparchieve.blogspot.com + wikipedia.org
|> f(x) – Danger
Recently, my Mom managed to buy me the computer set I’ve been dreaming of, for Gaming, Multimedia, Programming and other things I can use it to in school. Overall, it’s worth 60,000PHP. A bit pricey just because it has almost all the latest in the market, specially the processor which is an Intel Core i7, a recently released powerful quad-core processor.
- Black Honey -
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz
MOBO: Intel Bulk DX58SO
RAM: 6GB Tri-Channel Corsair XMS3
GPU: PowerColor Ati Radeon HD4850 Play!
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB S-ATA
PSU: Hec Cougar Series 700CM 700Watts
ODD: LG GH22 Super Multi DVD RW
CASE: Antec 300 Versatile Midtower Gaming Case
LCD: Samsung SyncMaster 943snx 18.5″
MOUSE & KEYBOARD: Logitech EX-100
OS: Microsft Windows Vista Eternity 2009 x64 (modded by Rockers Team International)
|> Slipknot – Dead Memories
Here’s my second shoe from Vans, the Vans No Skool. Originally, I was planning to buy the No Skool 2 but I was amazed at how this one looks. The No Skool 2 looks like a “meh”, lacks the thick materials, suede and instead, all wrapped in canvas. So here, I’m presenting you my No Skool.
Although considered to be an upgrade to the popular Vans Old School, with a lot of new features such as an extremely padded materials made the Vans No Skool as popular as how it looks like.
One of the key features of this upgraded Old School is the greatness of the materials used upon making this shoe. First of all, the canvas features user-friendly graffiti printed on both sides of the shoe (shown below). Mine includes the Skeeters graffiti, a good choice as the shoe itself is a combination of the colors Black, Red and White.
Aside from the canvas the shoe boasts, the No Skool is armed with high-quality black suede, all-wrapped in most parts of the shoe.
Here’s a bad news. The “Vans off the wall” logo found near the back of this shoe (as pictured below) are just softly glued in the shoe’s white-rubberized base of the soles. Better take it out and put it again using a high-quality long-lasting glues available in the market, or else you’ll lose that thing.
The No Skool, just like the other shoes by Vans, also includes the well-known yet high-quality cone-shaped shoe soles. It is in fact, sticks well enough in skateboards, and I’m sure about that coz’ I tested it myself.
The tongue of this shoe shows the Dustin Dollin logo where it says “Dollin” together with the well-known Piss-Drunx logo printed in the insoles.
I could say that the No Skool is good enough even if you’re not using it for skateboarding and just using it for your daily life, going to school or walking in the park or even sleeping with it. The No Skool is equipped with long lasting soles.
I almost forgot that this shoe is Dustin Dollin’s own Pro signatured skate shoes, thus the logo found in its tongue and that’s why this one is mostly made of good quality materials. Built as an upgrade to the Old School, it is therefore made with Dustin’s own preferences.
Before I conclude this Hands On review of the No Skool, here’s a Youtube video I made featuring some footage of the No Skool with Dustin Dollin’s favorite band Children of Bodom playing in the background:
The No Skool is also featured many times in my very first YouTube video titled “-Filipino Presentation-” in the scenes where Dustin Dollin are shredding it out.
And also, here’s a video footage of Dustin Dollin, a cut from the Skateboarding video Baker 3, featuring the No Skool.
My Rating: 9/10
Other Infos: for more pics, click here
My Last Words: The Dustin Dollin-pro-signatured No Skool by Vans is a must have. It’s my second skate shoe from Vans and I swear, this design will last forever. Forget about those long-tongued-fake-Supras, they’re only for posers. I recommend this to anyone who skates, and who does not skate…
|> Children of Bodom – If You Want Peace… Prepare for War