Monthly Archives: June 2010
Back in the old days, I’ve got 2 pairs of 40GB IDE hard drives. A year later, I bought the new Core i7 rig which uses SATA drives instead of IDE ones. And months later, bought myself a slim 120GB PlayStation 3. I assumed that I can use those old drives for the PS3, just to copy movies and pictures (I have a 4GB flashdrive and I think it’s too small for me to copy those HD Girls’ Generation videos I collected so far). Back in Windows XP, formatting isn’t a problem. You can use either FAT32 or NTFS, or even the older FAT and FAT16. But the big problem is, Microsoft excluded that option in Windows Vista and 7, and I believe, even in the next version of Windows… I even bought an external enclosure for those harddisk and finally I’ve got a solution. Well, it’s not like there’s no other solution but I think this one’s the best.
1. Download this: fat32format
2. Extract it to C:\
3. Run > CMD
4. In the command line, type “cd…” so that it will bring you to C:\
5. type in “fat32format :” and Press Enter. Example: fat32format G: (where G is the drive letter of the external USB drive.)
6. A prompt will appear “Warning ALL data on drive ‘f’ will be lost irretrievably, are you sure (y/n)” and type “y” then press Enter.
7. It will format now, and done!!!
Just a warning. This post doesn’t have anything to do with the current PS3 exploits such as the PSJailBreak. I am against those things and you can try checking out this article if you don’t believe me, Here. Please do not practice this method so you can use those exploits. If you do that, you’re really committing a crime.
Long live PlayStation 3!!!
|> Arch Enemy – We Will Rise
Why Fostering Good Business Ethics?
1. To gain the goodwill of the community.
2. To create an organization that operates consistently.
3. To produce good business.
4. To protect the organization and its employee from legal action.
5. To avoid unfavorable publicity.
Ethics in Information Technology:
1. Today’s workers might have their email and Internet access monitored while at work.
2. Use networks to download music and movies at no change.
3. Hackers break into databases of financial institutions and steal customer information.
4. Student downloading material from Internet.
What is Ethics?
– is a set of beliefs about right and wrong behavior.
– is the study of what is right and wrong.
– comes from the latin word “ethos”, which means characteristic way of acting; and “logos”, which means study.
Virtues – habit that incline people to do what is acceptable.
Vices – habits of unacceptable behavior.
Morality – quality of goodness and badness in human act.
Human Acts – is an act which proceeds from deliberate free will of man.
Elements of Human Acts:
Modifiers of Human Acts:
1. Do not use other people’s resources without permission.
2. Respect other people’s privacy and security.
3. Your profile reflect who you are.
4. We’re on cyberspace but we’re still humans.
5. One of the limitations of communicating electronically is the difficulty in communicating emotions, so use emoticons.
6. Avoid using captial letters.
7. Respect other people’s time.
8. Know where you are in the virtual world.
9. Know hot to handle flames.
|> Bullet For My Valentine – Your Betrayal
I was at school, well-seated and seriously listening when, out of nowhere, my ball pen ran out of ink. I was in the center of Jed and JM that time. I asked Jed to lend me his ball pen coz’ he’s so lazy copying the lecture, while I’m cool and fast in copying. Just in time, I suddenly found out the ball pen he lend me has a “very funny” name and story. It’s a COMELEC-branded pen!!! So what if it’s not Panda, Avanti, or even Pilot? At least it has a very funny story.
I got shocked for a while. Later on, I asked Jed, what’s up with this pen, what’s up with the name? He said, it was the pen he used during the election day. Quite funny but cool, though ^_^
|> Bullet For My Valentine – Tears Don’t Fall
I will promote public knowledge, understanding and appreciation of Information technology.
I will consider the general welfare and public welfare and public good in the performance of my work.
I will advertise goods or professional services in a clear and truthful manner.
I will comply and strictly abide by the intellectual property laws, patent laws and other related laws in respect of Information Technology.
I will accept the full responsibility for the work undertaken and utilize my skills with competence and professionalism.
I will make truthful statements on my areas of competence as well as the capabilities and qualities of my product and services.
I will not disclose or use ant confidential information obtained in course of professional duties without the consent of the parties concerned except when required by the laws.
I will strive to atain the highest quality in both the products and services that offer.
I will knowingly participate in the development of the Information Technology.
I will uphold and improve the IT professionals’ standards through continuing profession in order to enhance the IT profession.
This is the “Code of Ethics of the Filipino IT Professionals”
|> Daft Punk – Digital Love