Lesson 1: Introduction to Ethics
What is Ethics?
– is a set of beliefs about right and wrong behavior.
– is the study of what is right and wrong.
– comes from the latin word “ethos”, which means characteristic way of acting; and “logos”, which means study.
Virtues – habit that incline people to do what is acceptable.
Vices – habits of unacceptable behavior.
Morality – quality of goodness and badness in human act.
Human Acts – is an act which proceeds from deliberate free will of man.
Elements of Human Acts:
Modifiers of Human Acts:
1. Do not use other people’s resources without permission.
2. Respect other people’s privacy and security.
3. Your profile reflect who you are.
4. We’re on cyberspace but we’re still humans.
5. One of the limitations of communicating electronically is the difficulty in communicating emotions, so use emoticons.
6. Avoid using captial letters.
7. Respect other people’s time.
8. Know where you are in the virtual world.
9. Know hot to handle flames.
|> Bullet For My Valentine – Your Betrayal
Posted on June 24, 2010, in Netiquettes, Software Development and tagged code of ethics, ethics, ettiquette, human act, internet, morality, netiquette, nettiquettes, network, professional, professionalism, vices, virtues. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.