Lesson 2: Ethics in IT
Why Fostering Good Business Ethics?
1. To gain the goodwill of the community.
2. To create an organization that operates consistently.
3. To produce good business.
4. To protect the organization and its employee from legal action.
5. To avoid unfavorable publicity.
Ethics in Information Technology:
1. Today’s workers might have their email and Internet access monitored while at work.
2. Use networks to download music and movies at no change.
3. Hackers break into databases of financial institutions and steal customer information.
4. Student downloading material from Internet.
Posted on June 24, 2010, in Netiquettes, Software Development and tagged computer, computer science, comsci, ethics, ettiquette, hack, hackers, hacking, information technology, IT, netiquette, science. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.