Recommended Holy Week playlist
Posted by mistercomputer
Hello everyone. I’m sure you guys are all busy, all because of the holy week. I also keep myself busy. Just reading this and that. I never used my cellphone, to be honest. I just don’t want to and I’m offering most of my time to God, thinking about him, the hardships he did for us and what I should do so he could be proud of me someday.
Below, are the songs I’m currently listening to these days and would like to recommend for you to listen to. I’m so sorry if there are some sort of Metalcore, but please lend your ears first. Most of these songs’ mood is sad. Themes include belief in God, sorrow, hopelessness, failure to love someone and the likes, and they are all personally self-picked by me. You can click each song’s title to listen to it. Here it goes:
1. The River – Good Charlotte: the song features Avenged Sevenfold members M. Shadows and Synyster Gates. Basically, it’s all about the Maddens and their religion, Christianity. The fact that Christians are baptized through water. It tells about the twins that they are confessing and asking for forgiveness of their sins on their early life, and that they’re offering their life to God.
2. Savior, Saint, Salvation – Bleeding Through: A symphonic metalcore song about the singer, Brendan and the girl she likes. The girl is blinded by ambition. She only sees what she wants to see. She only does what she wants. But he is hooked on her and she knows it. She is using him and he has finally realized it. But in the end, when the smoke clears, the truth is all that matters. And the truth will surround her. She can’t hide from this. I’m listening to this because there is someone I know who’s comparable to the girl the song is talking about. And people should learn how to be satisfied, and not use and hurt someone else.
3. Without U – 2PM: I’m addicted to this song lately. I even practice the choreography coz’ I really love the meaning, although it’s obviously about someone left by his partner, felt bitterness and became stronger.
4. I Luv I Jah – Bad Brains: A great religious song. Everyone knows that Bad Brains were a hardcore punk band in the 80’s, but later on, they changed style to various genres including reaggae and instead, sang about praising God, Jah. Don’t be confuse, Bad Brains religion is connected to Christianity and they’re following a movement called Rastafari movement in Jamaica, where they also call God as Jah, thus the title.
5. Where is the Love – Black Eyed Peas: Everyone knows the meaning of this song. It’s about the problems of the modern world and this song obviously gives hope, and there’s this line “Father, father, father help us. Send us some guidance from above.” that really tells God that we all need his presence in times like this.
6. Deliver Us From Evil – Bullet For My Valentine: Obviously, it’s about people who are suffering and is in need of God’s guidance.
7. Inside Your Heaven – Carrie Underwood: A very good touching song about God and his hardships and suffering he did just for us. Oh, and Carrie is really amazing. 🙂
8. A Paradox With Flies – Darkest Hour: This song has a lot of possible meanings but I came up with the best. In my own opinion, it’s about God talking in first-person. He’s talking about this girl who has been a failure in her entire life but recently she’s seeing the light. God is guiding her as stated in the lyrics “and in your eyes i see so much more, than that place you always go back to. you can pull yourself away from, that face that constantly haunts you”. It says that God has some more better plans for her, other than her life being wasted before. The most important part can be found in the last few seconds of the song, “so rest your head and close your eyes. just one more step ’till we’re over the edge.”, which means that the girl is almost there to fully recover herself, see light and live life to what it should be. Thanks God.
9. All Around Me – Flyleaf: A very meaningful song by a very passionately religious band, Flyleaf. Everyone knows about Lacey’s life before Flyleaf. She did a lot of sins in her entire life and now she’s back seeing only light and not darkness. The song tells us that God is just always there, trying to do anything for us so that we will all be guided in our life.
10. The Chosen Pessimist – In Flames: This is a very sorrowful song by Melodic Death Metal band, In Flames. Just like their usual and recent stuff, it’s about sorrow. It’s about a man feeling confused, hopeless, problematic in his life. He has no one to count on but God, that’s why he’s talking about him, about his suffering and is asking for help. This song almost made me cry the first time I heard it, and the fact that it’s 8 minutes long.
11. Come Clarity – In Flames: Another sad song by the band. This song is about a man and his loved one. He’s confessing to that “someone” that they should be together and help each other, live life, and lead him to what should be right and not the wrong things in life. It’s like asking “her” to find out which direction he should take, which path is right and not the wrong one. I love this song. 🙂
12. Prayers – In This Moment: This should be the 3rd Melodic Metalcore in my playlist. In This Moment features Maria Brink‘s sweet voice and sincere screams. This song is about “someone” who is in need of God’s presence. She is sick and tired of her wasted life before, and she doesn’t want to go back anymore. There’s no other way, medication does not help, but only God. She feels alone that’s why she wants God to guide her for the rest of her life.
13. Drive – Incubus: Now, here’s something slower. This song tells us that no matter what the others are doing, no matter how the world becomes down, we should keep moving, drive consistently, continue our dreams and live life to the fullest. We shouldn’t let little things interfere with our ambition, dreams and will, as long as God guides us, we’ll be there.
14. Fade to Black – Metallica: Another sad song. It’s about a typical person, losing his will to fight, being hopeless and is now giving up. This song reminds me of the people I’m looking up to, people who did everything for their loved ones, but in the end they left this world in silence. Those people includes Jesus Christ, Jose Rizal and the other National Heroes, and lastly, my Dad.
15. Cold Cold Heart – Norah Jones: This song is connected to my current situation with the girl I like. These days, I’m trying to be as cold as ice to her.
16. I Wanna Live – Ramones: A positive punk rock song that encourages me to live life to the fullest, that’s all. 🙂
17. More to Life – Stacie Orrico: Just like track 16, it’s a song that keeps on telling me that I can do more and more things in my life, rather than just waste it for nothing.
18. One For Sorrow – Steps: Aside from this song reminding me of my childhood, the meaning of this song is about unity and that the more the person sharing their problem, the easier it would be solved.
19. Kasio – 타루(Taru): I don’t know exactly the meaning of this song but what I’m sure of is that it’s about loving someone. I really love listening to this song. It makes my heart move, and it always remind me of that “girl” I’ve been loving for quite a while but up until now, I still don’t know what to do. By the way, it’s part of My Princess OST.
20. 또르르 (Rolling) – Jiyeon: Another sad ballad song. Everytime I listen to this song, it always remind me that there is someone always long for me, always been loving me, but I’m too blinded that’s why I can’t see. 😦
21. 웃어요 (Smile) – 김태희 (Kim Tae Hee) & 양동근 (Yang Dong Gun): A song by my favorite korean actress. This is the main song for the movie Grand Prix. In that movie, the protagonist lost her will to continue her dream, to become the greatest horse-back rider, after her horse died in an accident. Then she met this guy who gave her some time to “smile”, find happiness in life and come back to continue her dream. 🙂
22. I Miss You – Kim Bum Soo: As the title says. I’m missing that “girl” I’m always talking about in this post. Missing her really makes me go crazy 😐
23. Misterio – Slapshock: This metalcore song basically tells us how great God can do for us in our everyday living. In the lyrics, it says that “Napapawi ang lumbay, Dahil sa’yo, dahil sa’yo. Lumiwanag ang buhay, Dahil sa’yo, dahil sa’yo.” which can be translated in english as “The sadness fades, Because of you… Because of you. Life illuminates, Because of you… Because of you.”, which tells how greatful a person can be with God, seeing only light, hope, love. Also, in the music video of the song, the protagonist (which is dressed like a garbage man) who is completely alone, sad and sorrowful, came from the church and then continues his journey to encourage people to keep on believing God even if it is dangerous to be alone, but because he do have faith in God, he still have courage to do so.
24. Dear Mom – 소녀시대 (Girls’ Generation): The reason why I love listening to this song is that, I have a problem with my mom these days. We argued a while ago. But even if I did, I will still love her to death. She’s my only hope and a thousand “thank you” is not enough for me to respect her.
Credits: to the owner of the videos.
So there it goes, and now it ends here. Those are the songs I recommend to you, to listen to these days, whether it’s the holy week or not. I just want you to always keep a place for God in your heart, in your mind, in your everyday living. Please do think of God and what he has done for us. May God always be with us. Have a meaningful week everyone!
|> In Flames – The Chosen Pessimist
About mistercomputerI'm Ken. Blogger. Programmer. Instructor. Gamer.
Posted on April 22, 2011, in Photoblog, Sorrow Blog, Weblog and tagged 2pm, alternative metal, alternative rock, bad brains, black eyed peas, bleeding through, bullet for my valentine, Carrie Underwood, country pop, darkest hour, flyleaf, good charlotte, hardcore punk, in flames, in this moment, jazz, K-Pop, kim bum soo, kim tae hee, korean pop, melodic death metal, melodic metalcore, metalcore, norah jones, pop punk, power pop, punk rock, ramones, reggae, Slapshock, snsd, stacie orrico, steps, symphonic metal, t-ara, taru, yang dong gun. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.