Category Archives: Windows 7
Back in the old days, I’ve got 2 pairs of 40GB IDE hard drives. A year later, I bought the new Core i7 rig which uses SATA drives instead of IDE ones. And months later, bought myself a slim 120GB PlayStation 3. I assumed that I can use those old drives for the PS3, just to copy movies and pictures (I have a 4GB flashdrive and I think it’s too small for me to copy those HD Girls’ Generation videos I collected so far). Back in Windows XP, formatting isn’t a problem. You can use either FAT32 or NTFS, or even the older FAT and FAT16. But the big problem is, Microsoft excluded that option in Windows Vista and 7, and I believe, even in the next version of Windows… I even bought an external enclosure for those harddisk and finally I’ve got a solution. Well, it’s not like there’s no other solution but I think this one’s the best.
1. Download this: fat32format
2. Extract it to C:\
3. Run > CMD
4. In the command line, type “cd…” so that it will bring you to C:\
5. type in “fat32format :” and Press Enter. Example: fat32format G: (where G is the drive letter of the external USB drive.)
6. A prompt will appear “Warning ALL data on drive ‘f’ will be lost irretrievably, are you sure (y/n)” and type “y” then press Enter.
7. It will format now, and done!!!
Just a warning. This post doesn’t have anything to do with the current PS3 exploits such as the PSJailBreak. I am against those things and you can try checking out this article if you don’t believe me, Here. Please do not practice this method so you can use those exploits. If you do that, you’re really committing a crime.
Long live PlayStation 3!!!
|> Arch Enemy – We Will Rise